Chris Snider has declared today to be D-Blog Check Day which encourages everyone who reads D-blogs to comment and let the blogger know who is reading. This is awesome because for every person who comments on a blog, there are probably 50 or 100 who do not. Sometimes it can be a little sad because obviously we want to get to know you too!
We spend a lot of time talking about diabetes in the DOC, but that’s not all that we are as people. Even though that’s our common link in this community, we are more than diabetes. I thought it would be fun to share a few fun facts about myself that are non-diabetes related. In the comments, I would love for you to share a fun fact about yourself, just so we can all get to know each other a little better.
- I was born and raised just outside Portland, Oregon.
- I’m a night owl.
- I’m a popcorn addict.
- I collect shot glasses. I have more than 60!
- I used to live in NYC. If you’re going to visit, here are 3 things I recommend to do, eat and see:
- visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art (bring comfy walking shoes!) and go to the rooftop garden for a great view of Central Park and midtown Manhattan
- eat at Matilda, my favorite East Village restaurant (I’ve brought a number of DOC bloggers there, so you’re in good company!)
- visit the High Line park for a wonderful view of Manhattan and the Hudson River (start at the 23rd St. entrance and walk south, and exit at 14th st, where you can walk to dinner in the West Village, one of the most popular neighborhoods in the entire city
So, tell me a little bit about yourself.